Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I've been runnin...

Here it is
Wednesday Weigh In. 




Lets hope so! 













Well, it has been a crazy few days and I haven't
been able to get any runs or workouts in. Saturday I did go for a short run before going to Zumba. Then I had a super fun girls day with two of my best friends. We really need to make a point to see each other more. We had lunch then did some shopping before going back to play with one sweet little girl. Once I got home, I was kind of tired so I thought oh I will just lay down for a few minutes... 3 1/2 hours later I woke up. Guess tired was an understatement.

Sunday was church with the hubs and my dad then lunch with the pops. I don't see him much this time of year because he is an accountant and works so hard. After lunch I went and got the pup and went to visit with my mom. I decided that my body needed the day off so I listened. My mom and I went to visit my grandparents because it had been much too long since I have made it over there. It was a great visit, I hate to don't make it over there as much as I use to.

Then comes the big day. Monday morning when I woke up my shoulder was killing me. I assumed I had slept wrong and got ready for work. As the day went on I knew I need to go to the chiropractor to see if he could work me out. So he took some x-rays and hooked me up to an electrode thing. Once the doctor came to talk to me he started with the fact my spine has a large curve. Then as he kept look he saw a large mass. We started talking about it, and the fact that it could be many things but we need to have to checked out. At first I tried to stay calm... thinking what does this really mean then he said you need to go and get blood work and of course the first thing that came to my mind is the "c" word. So I leave thinking oh my what I am going to do first. I called lovie and met him at the civic center and tell him in waves of sobs that they have seen something on my x-ray. We go straight to the doctor to get blood work then the a radiologist to have more x-rays taken. The next few hours were plain torture. The waiting was probably worse than the news could have been. Unfortunately Sean had to fly out the next morning and I told him to go a head a go because I didn't think that it would be bad news. We have tons of people praying and I truly believe in the power of prayed. So, Tuesday came and I tried to go to work and got a shower but I couldn't. I was a nervous wreck and my back was killing me, I called in. I think it was a good decision. I watched crap t.v. and took a hot bath and got ready for the day. As the time passed I was more and more nervous. Finally I got the call that my blood work came back NORMAL!!!! I was so excited and relieved. We still didn't know about the x-ray but hey I can handle no cancer anything else couldn't be that bad. There was still some nerves but I spent the rest of day at my moms school hanging out with the kids. Then I got another great text one of the sweet little girls I have had the pleasure and keeping since the beginning started using a walker to walk. She is so amazing, she has Down Syndrome and she will always have my heart. My mom and I went over to see her and I was all tears because I am just so proud of her. My heart could burst. I also received my phone call that my x-ray was all clear as well!!!! It was just a shadow. I am scared of the dark and of the shadows of the night but no shadow has ever been so scary. I am so happy all is well again.


All wrapped up with electrodes and heating pads.

Chloe did not want to get up this morning!
I have resumed my workouts again with ZUMBA. It was such a fun high energy class today. Defiantly got my sweat on and it felt great. My back is still giving me a little trouble so I am going back to the chiropractor again tomorrow hopefully we can get it under control.
yuck this what it has looked liked for days :(

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so good! We need to start running together. Maybe we could do a Saturday monring or sunday afternoon one weekend.
    I'm going to start Wednesday Weigh-In back this week. I've got about 10lbs that will not go away!

    ReplyDelete