Saturday, March 19, 2011

Playing House



Today we had the privilege of keeping my cousin's sweet little girl Parker. She is honestly the most laid back child I have ever been around. We picked her up around one and decided to go to lunch at my favorite spot Zoes. She was of course perfect, she sat "talked" (she is only one so it's the sweet baby babble with a few words thrown in the mix) while eating her fruit. Then we came home and she got to meet Chloe. At first she was not sure what to think of the crazy animal. As time past Chloe settled down and they became friends, well at least Chloe thinks they are friends Parker is still not to sure, but she did feed her some crackers. After all that excitement it was time for Parker to take a short nap. She went to sleep faster and easier than any child I have met, I hope her parents realize how lucky they have it! God is already getting me ready for how crazy our child will be with our crazy dog. Once Parker was up from her nap we wanted to go and take advantage of this amazing weather we are having and the fact it is now daylight till 7, so we went to the park! Oh we had so much fun. She was precious walking around just looking at everything. We went on the slide, the swings, and up and down and up and down all of the stairs which were by far her favorite thing.



Sean and Parker enjoying the slide
Swinging fun!
up and down 
We sang lots of songs and enjoyed the weather. Then it was time for dinner so we meet Nanny-Teresa (my mother) and Uncle Steven (my step-dad) for dinner. Once again Parker was an angel. She loved some cheese biscuits, and entertained us all for the rest of the evening. Once back at our house it was time to get Parker ready for bed.
bath time fun!

I'm not ready for bed!
Yes, we are keeping her over night so we are having to parent a child for the whole night! We are both excited. It is good practice for us one day when we have little ones. So, I gave Parker a bath and I had no idea how much she loved bath time. She was laughing and singing the whole time. It was so much fun. Then it was time to put her down, sad, so we cuddled for a few minutes with all over her babies, she has several she sleeps with, then she happily drifted off to sleep, it was bliss.   We have big plans for tomorrow, we are planning to meet my dad for early church (8:30, I know it's not that early but it is the weekend) then who knows. I hope to still get my Zumba in tomorrow afternoon and maybe even a couple of miles we will see how getting up early with a baby will be. Hopefully my new purchase of luluemon capris will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment