Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Part Like a Rock Star...NOT

"Mom, we got up way too early!"
Kids one mile fun run!






















Terrible photo...
I have been super busy lately and also super tired and have been an old lady going to bed at 9 o'clock. I know it might have even been 8 a night or two. Saturday morning the hubs and I got up early to go to The Race Without Limits benefiting UCP. It was fun, I only did the one mile fun run because the other option was an 8k and I am not ready for that. This was my first race experience and it was fun to cheer on the runners. The race was held at Railroad park, it was our first time there. We brought Chloe and walked all around the park. The park is very nice and reminds me of something you would see in a big city not in Birmingham. We were both very impressed. As it got closer to my "fun" run I realized it was more of a kids run and lots of the kids from Hand In Hand were there to run. I kind of felt lame that all I could run, was the kids run, but hey at least I was out there running. I ran my fastest mile (not actually fast but it is for me) at 10:23. I am proud! Then after the race, it was really small and not much going on we left so I could make it to Zumba, had to go shake my booty a little. Then my mom and I went and did a little retail therapy! We went to Belk and the were having a huge even for Sam Edelman, my favorite shoes. The designer Sam Edelman was there signing your shoe boxes, it was so much fun and I bought my most favorite pair of shoes I have ever owned! Then Lovie and I went on date night! We always have dinner together when he is in town but we rarely take the time to get dressed up and go sit somewhere and talk and have dinner. It was very nice we sat outside and enjoyed the weather. Then once we got home I passed out and Lovie watched basketball.

They are fabulous. 

Sunday nothing much to report went to church and Zumba which I was able to drag my mom to, then off to bed again early.
Monday was an early morning session at the chiropractor. After the session my back feels better but not the next day. I hope something will change soon. The kids have crazy spring fever. They are all pretty wild and I have it too. The beach at the end of the month can't come soon enough.  The weather was suppose to get super nasty Monday night so after work I headed home. I should have gone for a short run but was lazy. I had dinner and went to bed and was asleep by 8. I have to get better on staying up later.
Today I got myself back in gear. I went to the civic center to get my sweat on. I wanted to run and go to kickboxing. I did, I ran a quick mile before class then went to class and finished off with another mile after class. My body is jello. I may have to be peeled out of bed again. But hey it is 9:30 and I am still awake.




Be back tomorrow for Weigh In Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. jealous of those cute new shoes...your feet deserve them! way to run hard.. you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete