Saturday, April 9, 2011

Glamorus

On my way to work on Friday after a morning full of the hubs saying "no that's to big" I decided I have to go shopping. I put myself on a budget and knew there were a few must haves, white jeans, skinny jeans, and some crop jeans, and a few tops. Well, I didn't do so bad on my budget went over by 30 dollars and I did not get enough tops. I did however get my white jeans, crop jeans, skinny jeans, and a regular pair of jeans. So, with pants I am covered. I also picked up at a cute skit and a tank too. Shirts are hard for me because I need something that is cute and I can wear to work and if I get paint, yucky stuff, glue anything form the little kidos and can be washed. I have a hard time there were a few things at Old Navy that I liked but didn't buy because I ran in on my lunch break and did not have much time. I may have to go back I just don't really know what I want. There have been very few times in my life that i needed to go shopping. The hubs met me after work Friday. He for some reason agreed to go. Once he was there he realized he did not want to be, but he was a trooper and hardly complained.

Terrible picture but here are all of my goodies!



Today I decided I was going to try to dreaded Body Pump class. I read an article in my Women's Health magazine about all the benefits of working out with weights so I thought I would give it a try. It was a hard class but I made it through. The instructor and a couple of the participants were super helpful with helping me get my equipment together. I can't say it was fun like Zumba but it was a good work out and I can see my self going back because I think it will help become stronger and loose more weight. I also would not mind have some nice muscles to show off. I also managed to make it through Zumba after so I did a hour of weight training with and a hour of cardio. I am tired my arms are still very tired and I hope I will be able to lift them tomorrow to wash my hair.


I have a good motivation that has helped me start the weight lose journey that I haven't talked about. I am in a wedding in August and I do not want to be the fat one. That was the beginning motivator for me to start losing weight but now it is more than that. I was the be healthy and strong. I want to be confident and proud of what I can accomplish. My husband and I use to take tons of pictures but over the past year we have seriously declined and I have to say it is partly because I didn't want to see how big I had gotten. There is a picture of me and two of my college roommates at her wedding and I hate to see it, and that makes me sad because it was such a fun night and such and exciting time in her life and I can't stand to see the picture. I don't want to have to go to another wedding like that especially when I am going to be standing up in front of people with tons of pictures to be taken. Thankfully I am already part of the way there and that drive will help me to complete my goal of losing the weight.

2 comments:

  1. White jeans? I am no brave enough for that yet!! :)

    Excited to continue reading about your weight loss journey - it sounds like you are doing great in the exercise department!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love the shopping! I want some white jeans, but can't make myself buy them since I just found two pairs of white pants in my closet last week.

    ReplyDelete