Monday, May 23, 2011

Present

I have told myself I need to be more present in my own life. I have realized that I depend on my phone/computer to help me "check-out". I don't want to be that way anymore I want to be present in my own life. I know I have been using it as a coping tool but I know I need to let my mind think and process everything that has been going on in my life. So, this weeks challenge is being present in my own life and not checking out when I have a moment of down time but to think and pray about where I have been and where I need to go.
On a lighter note :) this weekend was pretty fun. Sean was out of town Friday and most of Saturday so I had some me time. Saturday I went to the thrift store something I have never really done. And I am pleased to say I found some awesome things. The biggest bonus was I only spent 33$ and I was able to get so much!!! I have really been wanting to expand my style lately I have always like to be slightly different in my style but sometimes I get in a rut and that's what I have been having lately. I read tons of blogs and one new one I just started reading has inspired me. She has such amazing style and she gets so many things from the thrift store I thought I would give it a shot. I really went in looking for old things I could put a new a fresh twist on. I did find several things like that and I also found some current things to work into my wardrobe. It was like treasure hunting an when I left I was so proud. I got four tops, a dress, a skirt, a blazer, a belt, and a beautiful glass pitcher. I have a few pictures that are terrible but show you the fun outfits I will try to take better ones soon.



A very old dress that I ended up wearing to church without the jacket I think it's so cute but I need a necklace.



Another old skirt that I ended up pulling up and belting it with the tanks tucked in for dinner Saturday night it was really fun.



This shirt is actually more peach than the hunters orange it looks like in the picture. I I have it on at work today with the belt and long shorts. White pants are a no go when you work with two year olds.

More pictures to come soon when I find cute ways to wear it all :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment